Owning large recreational vehicles such as RVs and boats can add a whole new dimension to your lifestyle. But finding a way to store them conveniently and safely can be a big hassle.
Common problems that often plague RV and boat owners include:
- Limited space in a driveway or yard to park the vehicle
- Homeowner association, apartment leasing and municipal parking restrictions
- Protection of the vehicle from damage or theft
- Long travel distances to and from major highways or waterways
Park Bark and Fly offers a convenient and safe parking area for your RV and Boat. We offer competitive rates priced by foot. When you store with us, you are assigned a bar code that allows you entry and exit any time during your month. You register your bar code online and you can view your account history including payments, entries and exits, etc.
Tips for Storing RVs and Boats
- Be sure to check the dimensions of a potential storage unit. Most RVs require 30-40 feet (Extra Space Storage RV units typically go up to 45 feet in length). Some equipment, such as boat trailers, may be too wide for the door of a drive-up unit, so covered parking would be the better option.
- When considering the amount of space you’ll need to store your large vehicle, be sure to include extra room for all the equipment that comes with it.
- Most facilities expect that repairing or extensive maintenance of large vehicles will be done elsewhere.
- RVs and boats must have current license plates. If your tags expire while in storage, your storage facility may ask you to renew them.
- Storage facilities typically require proof of vehicle registration. They may also require proof of insurance, since individual property is not covered by the facility’s insurance.
- When vehicles will be stored indoors over long periods of time, check fuel lines and gaskets, and lay down cardboard or mats to prevent damage to the unit’s floor.
- Vehicles or trailers must have properly inflated tires at all times. Keep an eye on tires that can dry rot or deflate. Restrictions vary by facility, so check with your facility manager about your role in maintaining stored vehicles.
Park Bark and Fly offers short and long term storage for your RVs and Boats. We provide dedicated areas for your RV storage as well as your Boat storage. You will have 24 hour access to your boat or RV 7 days a week. Our facility is gated and well lit with staff available 24 hours a day. We provide extra security with video cameras and security patrol. Email email@example.com for more details.