Going through airport security is one of our least favorite things to do. The lines can be long and the wait frustrating, especially during holiday travel. You don’t have to lose your pants over airport security.
Park Bark and Fly likes to give you awesome airport parking coupons, but would like to give you a few tips for making the trip through security little less maddening.
1. Make sure all your liquids and gels are less than three ounces. If you can’t find your favorite brands in the travel size at your local stores, then buy the clear travel size containers and fill with your favorite liquids and gels from home. Remember that you must remove your liquids from your carry on to go through the scanner so be sure to put all liquids in a Ziploc type bag as recommended by airport security. This keeps your liquids together and also prevents spills from ruining the other contents of your carry on. Also remember that some airport security will only allow one plastic bag per traveler so bring only what you really need.
2. Wear pants, but one’s that don’t require a belt. Belts are not permitted on your person through the airport scanner and must be removed and placed in a bin to get through security. Belts are not easily on and off so save time by wearing pants or an outfit that does not require a belt.
3. Avoid wearing bulky clothing items. All bulky items such as sweatshirts and hoodies will have to be removed in the security line. Pack your bulky item either in your luggage or make room in your carry on.
4. The most ideal shoes to wear are slip-ons that allow you to wear socks. These shoes are easy on and easy off so they free up wait time rather than tying shoes or struggling into boots. Wear socks as the floor will see lots of other bare feet.
5. Remember you will have to take out all electronic items and place them in a bin on the belt so be sure they are easily accessible in your carry on.
6. Last but not least, be sure to have your proper ID and boarding pass ready. Be patient and give yourself plenty of time to get through the lines.
Park Bark and Fly wishes you safe travels this holiday season and we look forward to servicing your off site airport parking needs.